About The Conclave
“A Forward Thinking Platform for Budding Ideas / solutions, Rural Innovators and Start-ups to RISE”. Rural Innovators Start-up Conclave (RISC) will provide a launch field platform to a wide array of budding Ideas, rural innovators and aspirant start-ups to showcase their design idea/ innovations /technology/ pitch and talk about their innovation and get an opportunity for learning and mentoring support.
Two day Conclave
In the memory of late Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam who encouraged and championed the cause of innovations / technology from rural for rural transformation.
The RISC 2019 will bring together the most forward-thinking experts / scholars to unlock new potentials and provide guidance for upscaling and motivate for sustainability. The conclave for rural is the first of its kind to nurture proven rural innovations and technologies.
RISC 2017 and 2018 events awardees and fellowship winners
Entries will be considered for competition in only one most suitable domain.
IDEA with Prototype (Innovator)
- Proven solution
- Prototype model
- Innovative Idea
- Commercially viable
- Scope for Upscaling
Budding Entrepreneur (Start-up)
- Innovative Technology
- Registered entity
- Community benefit
- Annual turnover should not exceed 50 Lakhs
- Customers onboard
- Scope for entrepreneurship
Frequently Asked Questions
Theme of RISC 2019?
Rural Innovations Start-up Conclave (RISC) will provide a platform to a wide array of Ideas and start-ups to showcase their product, pitch and talk about their innovation and get an opportunity to partner with funding and mentoring support.
The RISC will bring together the most forward-thinking Innovators, Incubators, Entrepreneurs, Technology players to unlock new potentials in six identified sectors (Agriculture & Allied, Green Energy, Drinking Water and Sanitation, Health and Elderly Care, Waste to Wealth, Sustainable Housing and Sustainable Livelihood) for Rural India. The event will be attended by representatives from Industries, Academics, Government, Non-Government and most importantly by Entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors and other players from entrepreneurial ecosystem. The Start-up Conclave for Rural Innovations will be first of its kind to nurture Ideas and Start-ups. The event will have a dynamic jury to screen the best start-ups for incubation and acceleration.
Why to Participate?
- Keynote Address and Sector Wise Panel Discussions
- Product Showcase of different categories of Innovators and Technologies;
- Pitching of innovative Ideas/Start-ups that require support for innovation/ technology/ product growth and commercialisation;
- Sessions on Mentoring Ideas and Guiding Start-ups;
- Investor Pitches;
- Network with Enablers, Incubators and Financial Institutions;
- Recognition, Incubation and Acceleration;
What are the Components?
- Product showcase within the various rural innovation catergories
- Programmes of the various departments of the government/ Skill Mission / NSDC, banks etc. that support entrepreneurial ventures in various ways
- Presentations by various Incubators, VCs, Social enterprise support networks
- Presentations by Rural enterprises/entrepreneurs, narrating their success stories
- Presentation Pitches by chosen innovative ideas/Start-ups
What are the Objectives?
• Identification of rural Innovation Start-ups
• Creation of Platform for their exposure
• Education and Capacity Building
• Mentoring, Incubation and Rural Connect
• Create Opportunities to connect National and International Network
What are the Opportunities?
1. Start-up Conclave will provide a Platform to a wide array of Rural Innovators & Technologists
2. Start-ups showcase their Products, Technologies and Services,
3. Talking of their innovation and get an opportunity to partner with funding and mentoring support agencies
4. The conclave will also provide an opportunity for Pitching
5. Showcase select start-ups
6. Mentoring and Networking
7. Inspirational talk by leaders in the field.
What are the Innovation and Technology Sectors?
1. Agriculture and Allied Sector
2. Green Energy Technologies (Solar, Wind, bio-mass)
3. Drinking Water, Sanitation and Health
4. Waste Management (Solid, Liquid and Recycling)
5. Sustainable Rural Housing
6. Other Livelihood Technologies
Who are Invited?
1. Innovators - Entrepreneurs with a start-up at Ideation and Budding stage,
2. Technologists - proven technologies for their promotion,
3. Entrepreneurs with production capacity for market promotion,
4. Enablers – MSDE, MSME, NRLM, NABARD etc.,
5. Corporate organizations with a mandate to support social enterprises.
6. National and International entrepreneur support networks and grant in aid organizations, incubators and accelerators.
• Applicant can be Indian or International resident, but must be above 18 years of age;
• The solution offered should be applicable to Rural;
• The entity that has been in existence for at least one year and not more than five years;
• Turnover should not exceed INR 50 lakhs;
• The solution offered should be applicable to Rural; • The solution should innovative, add value to customers and should be commercially scalable; • The solution should be beyond the idea stage, address a clear opportunity, and has a scalable transactional model; • Showcase of Product, prototype or Posters is must;
Cash Award for Innovators and Start-ups
1. Best Agriculture and Allied Sector Innovation and start-up
2. Best Green Energy Sector Innovation and Start-up
3. Best Waste to Wealth Sector Innovation and Start-up
4. Best Sustainable Housing Sector Innovation and Start-up
5. Best Health and Elderly Care Sector Innovator and Start-up
6. Best Drinking Water & Sanitation sector Innovation and Start-up
7. Best Sustainable Livelihood Sector Innovation and start-up
There will be two cash awards under each theme of the RISC event (i.e., one for innovator and one for start-up).
- Cash Awards: For innovators Rs.1,00,000 (Rupees One lakh) and for start-ups Rs.50,000 (Fifty Thousand).
- Fellowship: The fellowship to the winners to attend specialised workshops on themes such as Design, Packaging, Marketing etc. from time to time as per the norms of the Institute.
Cash Award under RIDe Challenge
Selected entries will be invited to present the idea to the problems identified and solution offered through display of poster in the event. There will be three award of cash prize of Rs.10,000, Rs. 7,500 and Rs. 5,000 from each category of participants in all seven themes of the RISC event. Certificate of appreciation will be given to all shortlisted entries by the jury.
• Awarding of a few Start-ups
• Incubation or acceleration support
• National and International branding for start-ups
• Selected Start-ups will be offered space for their Demonstration
• Facilitation for Marketing support
• Connecting with vast network of state rural development agencies, central agencies, NGOs & international associations
Event venue location info and gallery
National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRDPR), Hyderabad
An autonomous organisation under the Union Ministry of Rural Development, is a premier national centre of excellence in rural development and Panchayati Raj.